The solution, IMO, is to find a utility that takes an XLSX spreadsheet and
converts it into a CSV.

Trying to figure out a technique that handles infinitely-variable formats
is a fool's errand. In my application, I designed the spreadsheet; users
filled it in and dropped the CSV copy into a shared folder. The
import/edit program was a big chunk of code but the formatting simplified
the process, which eliminated thousands of hours every year spent on
boring, slow, repetitive, error-prone numeric data entry. A side benefit:
adjusting rates and amounts over timer was easy: bring up the original
document, apply a formula, tweak, and save under a new name.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 6:29 AM Greg Wilburn <