On the subject of file transfers, this is what I have been doing for a while now.

I use SEU to create SQL scripts in source members (old-fashioned, you know), and then run them with RUNSQLSTM.

1. Use SQL to create a work file in QTEMP.
2. Use CPYTOIMPF to copy the work file to a CSV file in the IFS.
3. use SNDSMTPEMM to send the CSV file to my company email address.

Example script:
==============

--
-- Show accounting dates for CO's in JE batches.
--

CREATE TABLE QTEMP/CO_BEGFYPD
( XXCO , CCDFYJ , CCPNC , GLDATE )

JOIN F0010