Thanks Steve!
Very welcome.

Javier Sanchez

El dom, 26 jun 2022 a las 20:32, Stephen Landess (<steve_landess@xxxxxxxxxxx>)
escribió:

Javier -

I believe that Alan Campin's Trigger Mediator can handle this or can
possibly be modified to handle this requirement.

You can find it here:
https://www.think400.dk/downloads.htm

Regards
Steve Landess
512-289-0387

Javier wrote:
On behalf of a friend of mine, I am going to ask this:
He says he built a trigger for a table, say, table T1.
He has like 10 programs that affect that table and of course activate
the trigger.
But now he says he doesn't want that 2 particular programs out of those
10,
actually complete the trigger task.

I understand that the trigger receives two buffers as parameters:
the "before" and the "after" image of the row being affected.
This way you have the option to take the action on the NEW or OLD
version of that action.

Is it possible to do an inspection of the affecting program
so that the trigger actually won't do what's supposed to do
based on a decision that's coded within the trigger?

This is more or less like "hey, if this is program A, don't do anything".