I believe I've seen a way to get the original defaults, but it's not a lot of fun - look at the help for the command. Seems I've seen it present the defaults as originally specified, because CHGCMDDFT does nothing for related help, especially UIM-defined help.

Isn't there another API for retrieving UIM help code? And one for command information? Not sure it's exactly useful in this context, however.

Cheers
Vern