Hello Frenk,

Am 23.06.2022 um 10:13 schrieb Frenk Mo via MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I normally transfer source files from libraries in iSeries to directories in IFS and the system converts by default from EBCDIC to ASCII.
On a specific iSeries (V7R4) this conversion is no longer performed.

Easy question, hard to answer: What has changed?

i - QCCSID is 65535 in all iSeriesii

This is wrong, but not necessarily the root of your problems. QCCSID should be set according to your current "OS localization". This enables automatic conversion of files (PF, DSPF, PRTF, etc.) with different CCSIDs.

FTP connection is switched to ASCII mode as default (if I enter "type" command iSeries reply ASCII mode)

Interesting. Did you look at the FTP attributes (chgftpa, press F4), which default CCS is set there?

See the help text for that CCSID parameter to get some ideas when this value is used.

:wq! PoC