Le 25/05/2022 à 10:37, Åke Olsson a écrit :
Additional details:

What I am trying to do is sending the entire DOMINO data folder in the IFS
to a new machine as the Notes-Domino application is going to be migrated.

The old machine is running on V7R1 end is an 8202-E4D.

The new machine is (for now) running V7R3 and is an 9009-22G.

I have (based on recommendations) tried/checked a few options:

SNDNETF – I found this to be not applicable at all. The 2GB size limit seems
to be unchangeable. This save file if around 75GB!

I am not aware of a size limit when sending a file with SNADS. I can see save file size limit to 1TB at V5R4 and 2TB starting at V6R1.

This 2GB limit appears to be valid for documents (DLO) objects. But a save file is not a document, and I guess that your Domino folder is not in /QDLS file system.

I have changed the TCP attributes on both sending and receiving systems.
This does change the behaviour of FTP at all.

I have also tried to pull the file from the target system instead of pushing
from the sender system. Also no change.

There is plenty of space on both systems and no space restrictions on the
user (QSECOFR).

As for subnet – both machines are on the same rack and connected to the same
comms hardware.

I have identified one specific subfolder in the IFS structure I am saving
where there is an enormous amount of data. I am thinking of transferring
that piece separately and possibly piecemeal.

Not sure to understand. You are talking about an IFS folder and a save file at the same time. What are you transferring?
If you are transferring a save file, its content does not matter. If you are transferring an IFS folder, the issue might come with this huge subfolder. I have seen issues with ftp and huge number of entries in a directory.

As you are on V7R3 and V7R1, you could set up Object Connect (https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.3?topic=system-objectconnect-function) between both systems, and use SAVRST TGTRLS(V7R1M0) command to transfer the directory. V7R1 ObjectConnect does not support TCP/IP, so you will have to configure an SNA link using HPR/IP between both systems. But SAVRST method will have a huge advantage over the other transfer methods, as it is able to apply all files authorizations and ownership on the target system like they are on the source system, if owners user profiles (and authorization lists if any) already exist on the target system. This would be the same when saving to a save file, transferring the save file, restoring from the save file.