I know that the IFS doesn't support adopted authority. My first guess is
that since you're using IFS notation, it's not adopting authority.

Does MOVOBJ work?

date: Thu, 19 May 2022 15:05:16 -0400
from: smith5646midrange@xxxxxxxxx
subject: Failure to adopt authority

I have to be overlooking something and I'm hoping one of you will see it.

I have an SQLRPGLE program named SCRTEST. It is owned by QSECOFR and is
USRPRF(*OWNER);

In the program it needs to execute the below MOV command which is built on
the fly. FYI - I'm using MOV because I can rename the file and move it to
different library at the same time.

MOV OBJ('/QSYS.LIB/OLDLIB.LIB/OLDFILE.FILE')
TOOBJ('/QSYS.LIB/NEWLIB.LIB/NEWFILE.FILE')

I have tried calls using both system() and QCMDEXC().

If I run the program with the QSECOFR profile, both versions work. If I
run
it with a *USER profile, both versions fail.

What am I missing? Do system() and QCMDEXC() not pass the adopted
authority
to the command that they call? If not, is there a different command that
does?