× The internal search function is temporarily non-functional. The current search engine is no longer viable and we are researching alternatives.
As a stop gap measure, we are using Google's custom search engine service.
If you know of an easy to use, open source, search engine ... please contact support@midrange.com.



If you turn on logging for your macro the Net.Data log will show you exactly where your error is happening. The Net.Data logging is setup in the INI file that your website is using. The 2 directives are DTW_TRACE_LOG_DIR (location of log file) and DTW_TRACE_LOG_LEVEL(OFF,application, OR service). Service traces everything and "can" make finding what you are looking for difficult. Application is usually good enough to find any errors.


The following link should take you to a IBM page for Net.Data. There are links for the different manuals.
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/633941?mhsrc=ibmsearch_a&mhq=net.data


Gary

On 5/17/2022 2:25 PM, Vern Hamberg via MIDRANGE-L wrote:
I posted a few days ago about the code, 3021 - that it is probably one of the C/C++-related error codes, and you can get what it is by displaying a message ID that is CPE + that number - DSPMSGD CPE3021 - here is the text of that message -

Message . . . . : The value specified for the argument is not correct.
Cause . . . . . : A function was passed incorrect argument values or an
operation was attempted on an object and the operation specified is not
supported for that type of object.

I would look for something in the job log before the message that listed this error code, maybe there is a hint about what happened. And in the job log, on that message with the error code, press F9 and see what the from and to programs are. That might be able to help tell you what was going on.

Do the same for any possible relevant messages before that one.

Come back here with that kind of information, maybe we can help - and this is a "most likely" on that error code, so it is possible it won't help much, but never hurts to look.

Regards
Vern

----- Original Message -----
From: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Jack Woehr" <jwoehr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 11:42:12 AM
Subject: Re: IBM net.data error 3021

I think you're going to have to look at the code and see what it's trying
to do.
Look for any file copying activity going on.
Again, the error seems to be converting a character (during a file copy?)
from UTF-8 to UTF-16.
If there are any modern experts in NET.DATA maybe they could help.
NET.DATA was very interesting but PHP ate its lunch a long time ago.

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 10:29 AM Tom Hightower <tomh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

QCCSID is 37 on both systems. I've restored libraries from tape and still
get the same error. I'm checking PTF levels.

Thanks
TomH
________________________________
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Tom
Hightower <tomh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2022 9:59 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IBM net.data error 3021

I'm pretty sure it was copied over from the old system to the new via save
file. I'll try it by restoring to the new from tonight's backup tape and
see if that makes any difference tomorrow.

TomH
________________________________
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of
Jack Woehr via MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2022 3:20 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jack Woehr <jwoehr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IBM net.data error 3021

1208 is UTF-8 and 13488 is UCS-2 effectively UTF-16. So I'd start figuring
out what your system CCSID is and how that affected your net.data app when
you brought it across.

On Sat, May 14, 2022, 13:11 Tom Hightower <tomh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm trying to bring up a new system. I've restored libraries from the old
system to the new, and trying to bring up the web server. It comes up,
and
all looks good. Until I try to run a net.data cgi...

I'm getting this error return:

NET.DATA Error: Conversion errors occurred when converting from CCSID
1208
to CCSID 13488. Error Number is 3021.

Not sure what to do...

TomH






As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Replies:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2023 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.