Jim made a good point about tracking down all INBOUND TCP/IP connections to
your box.

We needed to do this on a box, so we dumped NETSTAT connection status
information to a physical file every so often for a few months and started
pining away at all the connections coming in. This, coupled with research
from the jobs, helped us to identify all inbound connections being made and
to eliminate and/or consolidate unnecessary connections.

Once we found where the connections were coming from, we were able to
confirm that hostnames were being used instead of IP addresses on those
remote systems.

Jacob