We had Kyocera printers that never had drawer selection working. They
refunded our money on those printers and we got different models.

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 2:31 PM Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just curious if anybody has successfully printed a PDF from the i and
specified that a non-default drawer be used?

I found this thread in the archives from a few years back..
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201701/msg00906.html

The OP (Jack Tucky) mentions

I've finally got my drawer selection working, but now my spool file goes on
hold with the error below...., reason code 5.

Though he was also going from SPOOL-->PDF-->ASCII (via QImgCvtImg)

Arco Simonse mentions

PRTSTMF utility. It will just write the ASCII pdf
stream to the native pdf printer.
However, since it is a plain write you can't do drawer selection.

Which happens to be the technique we are trying to use.

Another post from Arco says

You cannot embed that. Sorry for the confusion, I worded it wrong. In the
pdf there is no way to control tray assignment, I meant to say that it will
always print to the default tray. If you want to change the tray you need
to add PJL commands.
Or convert the pdf to another datastream.

Now, I'm just tangentially involved in the project. I've not got my hands
on the code. I suggested writing the PCL commands needed before starting
to write the PDF and was told "we tried that."

I thought I'd reach out here to see what the hive mind had to say.

Thanks!

Charles