Le 04/05/2022 à 16:34, Greg Wilburn a écrit :
Well Jim, 99.99% of the authority failures are IBM, period. And they're not doing a very good job of figuring it out.

The offender? QWQADMIN (web query admin)
The object(s)? '/QIBM/UserData/qwebqry/apps/base_synonyms'

Even if it is probably part of WebQuery product, I have seen many times that authority was broken by restore operations. I have seen it many times on /QIBM/ProdData/HTTPA directory, which retains Navigator for i web application files, for instance. Every time, analysing the Authority Failure audit entries was a huge help to solve the issue.

What is the detail of the AF entries? Are they all related to the same object, to the same user profile? What is the violation type?

This can help to properly setup the required authority.

Another way to solve such issues that I used in the past was to CHKPRDOPT or SAVLICPGM/RSTLICPGM the product. Depending on the product, there are sometimes exit programs invoked by those commands which reset properly the authority.

It will be my hide when the system goes down because all of the disk space is consumed.

So until IBM support can "fix" this (which they haven't been able up to this point), it's going to have to stay off.
We don't have an audit or auditor.

I will still pursue... but if IBM can't figure it out, what am I supposed to do?

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2022 5:34 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: QAUDJRN

If you have authority failures, that’s a huge red flag. You need to find out why they are happening and correct it. No auditor worth the money is going to allow that.

It might be frustrating, but the tooling you have available should lead you to the answer. Look at the authority collection process to figure out who, what, and why that’s happening.

Ignore them at the peril of the system, the company, and your employment. Who’s going to get blamed when bad things happen, it won’t be the boss. Accepting the explanation as given is not acceptable….

Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects