Patrik:

It appears you are relying on the last save parameter to determine if a
file should be saved or not. I think you are running into a problem 99% of
us ignore when saving objects in the IFS, that is 1) Save while active does
not really work, and 2) object history dates are not always updated as you
would expect them to be. I've yet to find a save of the IFS or QDLS that
actually honored those parameters to the extent that it worked as
advertised or expected. Generally we just save the entire thing (with the
omits you have in place obviously stopping those directories) and be done
with it. I understand the object attributes are what you expect them to
be, and on the face of it, it should work, (Even at V4R5) but alas, in my
experience they never really have. Incremental saves of the IFS also
complicate recovery efforts, although I'm not sure you are as concerned
about that aspect of the endeavor, maybe so, but a hobbyist machine does
not have the same requirements a full production server might have.

Of all parts of the system the IFS is the area where IBM i is the weakest,
hence why so many companies rely on Windows or Linux (my chosen route) to
perform most of the file serving etc. I won't debate why the IFS is the
way it is, there are architectural reasons IBM has for all of that, I just
accept it, deal with it and move on.
--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect