On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 11:14 AM Art Tostaine, Jr. <atostaine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Big deal for me though is you can’t ungroup
taskbar icons. IBM iACS is one icon. Also alt-tab behaves differently.

That would (and maybe will at some point) be a big deal for me too.

There are several things you can try. If you find the downsides of the
Win11 taskbar outweigh the upsides, probably the best option is this:

https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher#readme

It also lets you adjust the Alt+Tab behavior.

I have not used it personally, but only because I don't have Windows
11. I do use the 7+ Taskbar Tweaker and find it indispensable. It is
incompatible with the standard Win11 taskbar but works with the Win10
taskbar enabled via ExplorerPatcher.

More information (from the creator of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker):

https://ramensoftware.com/7-taskbar-tweaker-on-windows-11-with-windows-10s-taskbar

If you go down the rabbit hole and follow the various links and
suggestions, you can find a wealth of other utilities and
customization options, not just related to the taskbar. (For example,
the start menu, file explorer, and shell are popular targets for
enhancement and/or reversion to previous styles.)

John Y.