You could try to explain to them that port 449 is a necessary port for
initial communication. It does not send any sensitive information. It is
used for redirecting the client to the appropriate ports depending on the
service being accessed.

If they want all services to use TLS, then at the very least, you will need
the following ports:

REQUIRED PORTS NO MATTER WHAT SERVICE YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCESS (OVER
SSL/TLS)
Server Mapper (as-svrmap)
TCP,449
License Management (as-central)