Hello Frank,

Am 23.12.2021 um 21:19 schrieb frank boke <fboxxx1958@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Folks, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and happy new year to you all.

Hanks & returned. :-)

I have a question about qsh command syntax to find where ever the string/word tivoli is found on any file in my ifs. I can run this cmd;
find /home/frbocchino -name ''*.log'' -exec grep -rl ''tivoli'' {} \;

I don't know why you tell grep to run recursively (-r) on one file being found. But this is a cosmetic issue.

I know / will replace /home/frbocchino but what should replace .log? Any info or help appreciated, Frank

*.log is a "pattern" to tell find *what* to search for.

Look here. A lot of options surely apply to the IBM i find as well.

https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man1/find.1.html

:wq! PoC