Darryl,

What happens when you save to a tape library and the tape fills and there are no more tapes? Same thing: "Please add more tapes."

So just as you need to do with a physical library you need to assure that sufficient volumes are available or you'll run out and get these messages.

One thing to know about Virtual tape as compared to virtual optical, and it's important: Virtual optical volumes consume the allocated size at the time of creation. With virtual tapes they consume just KBytes at creation time so there is little reason not to create sufficient volumes. DO NOTE however that INZTAP against a virtual tape will not reclaims the space previously allocated, you do need to delete and re-add if you want to get the space back. Doing that is your call of course as you may want to leave the space allocated to assure it is available.

- Larry