I’m not a fan of using the tools that IBM puts in QMGTOOLS. Those are their tools to make problem data gathering “standardized”, I’m pretty sure they have processes on the back side to deal with a standard data set.
If you use the tools, there might be a change IBM made to something you have coded into production. Ouch.
You would be best creating your own wrapper to sFTP.
+ on using pre-shared keys, no passwords.

I believe, in addition to other stuff, the MGTools sFTP uses the concept in this link:
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/687651 <https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/687651>

If on v7.2+ an having open source tools installed, you can install:
sshpass-1.06-1.ibmi7.2.ppc64.rpm <https://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/ibmi/products/pase/rpms/repo/ppc64/sshpass-1.06-1.ibmi7.2.ppc64.rpm>
Google can help with how to use:
https://www.redhat.com/sysadmin/ssh-automation-sshpass <https://www.redhat.com/sysadmin/ssh-automation-sshpass>

Bryan