From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Alan Shore via MIDRANGE-L
Sent: Friday, December 3, 2021 4:32 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Alan Shore <ashore@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Help with SQL statement Performance

Try the following
Create a CTE over the file OEBOXCBX that contains those records where odctt# > 0
This takes that condition out of the exception join
THAT is where I believe your problem lies
But then again - I could be wrong
Like the following

With
PARTOEBOXCBX as (select * from OEBOXCBX where odctt# > 0),
PicksByLoc as (
select odwhs#, odcom#, odprt#, pkloc1, pkloc2, pkloc3, sum(odctt#) as on_pick from oeordlod
join oelocnpk on pkcom#=odcom# and pkord#=odord# and pkrel#=odrel# and pkprt#=odprt# and pkorg#=odorg#
EXCEPTION JOIN PARTOEBOXCBX ON BXCOM#=ODCOM# AND BXORD#=ODORD# AND BXREL#=ODREL#
group by odwhs#, odcom#, odprt#, pkloc1, pkloc2, pkloc3
)
select odwhs#, odcom#, odprt#, ia101, pkloc1, pkloc2, pkloc3, on_pick, irqoh# from PicksByLoc
join icprtmia on iacom#=odcom# and iaprt#=odprt#
join icbldtir on irwhs#=odwhs# and ircom#=odcom# and irloc1=pkloc1 and irloc2=pkloc2 and irloc3=pkloc3 and irprt#=odprt#
where on_pick > irqoh#
;

Alan Shore
Solutions Architect
IT Supply Chain Execution

[NHScsignaturelogo]

60 Orville Drive
Bohemia, NY 11716
Phone [O] : (631) 200-5019
Phone [C] : (631) 880-8640
E-mail : ASHORE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
Winston Churchill