I am using SQL to list all columns in a table.

create table dfreinkel.tbl_fields as (

Select * from qsys2.syscolumns

where 1=1

and substr(table_Schema,1,1) not in ('Q', '#')

and table_schema = 'DPPDATA'

) with data ;

Select Table_Schema

, Table_Name

, Column_Name

, Column_Text

, Ordinal_Position

, Data_Type

, Length

, Numeric_Scale as Decimals

, precision

, Column_heading

from dfreinkel.tbl_fields

order by table_schema, table_Name, ordinal_Position

;

CL:CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(DFREINKEL/TBL_FIELDS)
TOSTMF('/home/DFREINKEL/Table_Fields.csv') MBROPT(*REPLACE) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
RMVBLANK(*BOTH) ADDCOLNAM(*SQL)

;

The CL fails with the above error messages. It also fails when executed
from the command line.

This is a v7.3 system.

Any ideas on the problem and a work around?

TIA, DArryl Freinkel