From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Peter Dow <petercdow@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 04 November 2021 19:40
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Need help with json_table

I never used json_table before, so I had to look it up. According to the
manual, "json_expression" is not a file name, it's the actual json. The
example in the manual
(https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/db2/11.5?topic=functions-json-table) gets
the json_expression from a column in a table:

SELECT U."id", U."first name", U."last name", U."phone number" FROM
EMPLOYEE_TABLE E JSON_TABLE(E.jsondoc, 'strict $' COLUMNS( "id" INTEGER,
"firstname" VARCHAR(20), "lastname" VARCHAR(20), "phoneno" VARCHAR(20))
ERROR ON ERROR) AS U Also, the "path" goes with the column, not in the
"strict $". The following works on a v7r3 box:

select t.*
from json_table (
'
{
"meta": {
"app": "Vertex REST API v0.1.0",
"timeReceived": "2021-06-22T14:08:07.838Z",
"timeElapsed(ms)": 17
},
"data": {
"lookupResults": [
{"jurisdictions":
[
{"jurisdictionLevel": "COUNTRY"
},
{"jurisdictionLevel": "STATE"
},
{"jurisdictionLevel": "COUNTY"
}
],
"postalAddresses":
[
{"streetAddress1": "2301 Renaissance Blvd Ste 7"
}
],
"statuses":
[
{"lookupResult": "NORMAL"
}
], "taxAreaId": 390910000,
"asOfDate": "2021-06-18",
"confidenceIndicator": 100
}
]
}
}'
, 'strict $'
COLUMNS ("app" varchar(50) path '$.meta.app')
ERROR ON ERROR) as t;

--
*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.