There is a traceroute, however it involves some temporary codes which expire after one day. These are called pesh codes. You also have to sign on as hscpe and not hscroot.
From my case:
<snip>
get a SSH session to the HMC....sign on as hscpe
pesh <redacted one> ///// password= <redacted two>
su - /////put in your root password
Command is pretty simple:
traceroute 10.10.6.103
</snip>

None of our HMC's are hardwired to our Power systems (they are all vHMC). The traceroute seems to leave off the box they are wired to at 10.10.6.1. I hate to name it something other than a "box" because if I call it the wrong term (router/switch/firewall) I'll get jumped on.

[root@HMCUSSI ~] # traceroute 10.10.6.103
traceroute to 10.10.6.103 (10.10.6.103), 30 hops max, 46 byte packets
1 rack3.corp.dekko.com (10.10.6.103) 0.146 ms 0.114 ms 0.104 ms