There are some items (single object omit, with wildcards for instance) that
you could only do in the GUI The greenscreen updates later did not quite
eliminate the need for the GUI, but only for obscure (In my view)
circumstances.

It was easier to show younger folks who've never seen a command line how to
use BRMS with the GUI etc..

We do use it occasionally, but not often. Then again with IBM handing off
two or three of the most important (to us anyway) LPPs off to Help Systems,
I don't expect the same level of support/enhancement that we used to
enjoy.

Navigator has come a very long way since iSeries Navigator and 99% for the
good. This version will need to wait for admins anyway until they complete
some other items, but users should be able to utilize quite a bit of it.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects