Hello all. I usually don't weigh in too much but on this, I felt like I wanted to speak up.
I couldn't agree more with Jim, Jack and Steve.

While the new Nav is outstanding and can even look at a couple of V7R2 partitions
we still have running, BRMS is not in the new Nav. I still need the current Nav if I want to
work with it that way. Of course BRMS is available via green 5250. If we're going to be
using Nav more and more, then not having BRMS (my example) in the new Nav gives
me the need for the current Nav's availability.

I'm sure there's a few other pieces of software not in the new Nav just yet as well.
I can't remember what they were. If I go back to the ICHIME webinar with the new
Nav webinar demo by Tim Rowe a few days ago, I'm sure he mentioned a couple of
items that are being worked on for a future new Nav release that are in the current Nav
But NOT in the new Nav.

Very Respectfully,
Michael Mayer
IBM i on Power System Admin.
IT Operations.
The Florida Bar
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-2300
mmayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://www.floridabar.org
Office: 850.561.5761
Cell: 518.641.8906

Today's Topics:

2. Re: IBM i New Navigator!! (Jim Oberholtzer)
3. Re: IBM i New Navigator!! (Jack Woehr via MIDRANGE-L)
4. RE: IBM i New Navigator!! (Steve Pavlichek)

message: 2
date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 11:26:42 -0500
from: Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: IBM i New Navigator!!

My initial reaction was the same as Larry's, why have a separate URL for the new Navigator, but since then I've come to the conclusion that IBM was correct to keep them separate for a time, therefore I do not support this RFE.

Here's why:
Most of my customers have mixed setups where some are older PTF groups, usually 6 to 9 months after availability, they prefer to let others take the early adoption road (thanks Rob!). They also have users who don't take much to change, particularly as large of a change as this is going to be.
Trying to get users to utilize ACS to its fullest (and keep that even within reason of current) much less leave behind the beloved iSeries Navigator is a substantial job for many.

I surveyed many of my customers and their take is "good, leave it that way" The feeling is the more progressive users can utilize it and the more traditional (read: resistant to any changes) will use what they may have finally started using a very short time ago. We might introduce the newest version to those stuck on iSeries Navigator to see if we can dislodge that out of their hands, who knows, might work.

But for now, let's see how this all plays out. I'd prefer a setting somewhere where I could turn the new environment on/off at port 2001 as desired.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

message: 3
date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 10:27:29 -0600
from: Jack Woehr via MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: IBM i New Navigator!!

My initial reaction was the same as Larry's, why have a separate URL
for the new Navigator, but since then I've come to the conclusion that
IBM was correct to keep them separate for a time, therefore I do not
support this RFE.

+1

Jack Woehr, IBM Champion 2021
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/528d23d6-087f-4698-8d17-d59688106ac4/public_url>
Absolute Performance, Inc.
12303 Airport Way, Suite 100
Broomfield, CO 80021

message: 4
date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:34:45 +0000
from: Steve Pavlichek <spavlichek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: IBM i New Navigator!!

It also makes sense since there is functionality in the old navigator which is not in the new.

Please note: Florida has very broad public records laws. Many written communications to or from The Florida Bar regarding Bar business may be considered public records, which must be made available to anyone upon request. Your e-mail communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure.