Thank you to all who responded!

Diego, thanks for your TRCCNN recommendation! I typically use that when I'm
troubleshooting network issues. I agree that the PCAP files viewed in
Wireshark are extremely helpful, just not what I was aiming for in this
instance.

Stefan, indeed, we are running on V7R4. I have toyed around with the
QSYS2.NETSTAT_INFO view as well, and found similar results. My SQL
programming is lacking, but I agree that would be the foundation.

Sam_L, I have no experience with CL programming. That's where the gotcha
lies. I have experimented with using SQL against the NETSTAT_INFO view.

Kevin! That seems to be what I was looking for - a way to automate the SQL
statement and dump it to a physical file with some CL.

------------
Jacob
------------

date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 12:41:01 -0500
from: "Diego E. Kesselman" <diegokesselman@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: How to Take Snapshots of TCP/IP Connection Status info at
Predefined Intervals (Monitor TCP/IP Connections)

Have you tried with something like this?

TRCCNN SET(*ON) TRCTYPE(*IP) TRCFULL(*STOPTRC) TRCTBL(IBMi01_TRACE_01)
SIZE(1024 *MB)

TRCCNN SET(*OFF) TRCTBL(IBMi01_TRACE_01) OUTPUT(*STMF)
TOSTMF('/home/USER/ibmi01_trace_01.pcap' *YES)

The .pcap file works with WireShark

Diego E. Kesselman
diegokesselman@xxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 19:50:08 +0200
from: <stefan@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: How to Take Snapshots of TCP/IP Connection Status info at
Predefined Intervals (Monitor TCP/IP Connections)

Hi Jacob,

If you are on a recent os-level use can use something like this as a
starting point:

select protocol, connection_type, local_address, tcp_state, count(*) as
"connections"
from qsys2.netstat_info
group by rollup( protocol, connection_type, local_address, tcp_state )
order by protocol, connection_type, local_address, tcp_state;

Best regards

Stefan

--
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of
electrons were terribly upset.

Stefan Tageson
+46 732 369934
stefan@xxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 14:05:43 -0400
from: Sam_L <lennon_s_j@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: How to Take Snapshots of TCP/IP Connection Status info at
Predefined Intervals (Monitor TCP/IP Connections)

If all the info you want is in the QSYS2.NETSTAT_INFO view, it probably
isn't that hard to create a CL program that runs an SQL statement and
inserts the data into a database file every 15 minutes. Provided you know
how to program in CL...

Have you experiments with using SQL against the QSYS2.NETSTAT_INFO view?

Sam