From: <mandy.shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 05/14/2021 07:49 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: Database monitor (V7R2) 5005 entries:
meaning and QQ1000L
Sent by: "MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Timothy

'Even if you don't have any thing to put in the filters pane of the
Statements window, if you have the 5005 record (or any dbmon records for
the
query you want) you should be able to find the query in the unfiltered
list
statement list in ACS. For example, the QQJFLD (may have to add this via
the
Columns... button) is also in every dbmon record and uniquely identifies
that query in the file.'
Unfortunately this still doesn't help identify the Query/400 query we
are
running (nor, incidentally, is it possible to identify the program
running
OPNQRYF, which is going to be my next problem). In general the lack of
identification in dbmon of the program running the (small q) query is a
big
problem. Overall any clues/hints on how optimally to use dbmon output in
these non-SQL cases would be very welcome.

'To differentiate CQE vs. SQE, use the QQSMINT5 column of the 1000
record. '
Thanks, don't know how I didn't spot that (OPTIMIZER_USE). (There are no
1000 records collected in our big WANT_CQE_ONLY dbmon dataset, which is
pain. but then by definition we know which optimiser those QQJFLD's
use!)

Many thanks for all your help
Mandy