Do you have this setting turned on for your NetServer?
Send browse announcements

Also, I know IBMi can only see SMB shares on the same subnet. I don't know
if that applieds to Windows clients.

HTH

date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:05:23 -0400
from: Bob Schwartz <rschwartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: List/show file shares in Windows Network Locations

Greetings, we're eliminating mapped drives on client PCs to the IBM i
Network Neighborhood shared folders. We can use Windows 10 -> Add Network
Location function. This works fine, but the shared folder never is listed
in the Windows file explorer Network Locations.

Is there a way to get the shared folder to show in the Network Locations of
Windows File Explorer? We've changed AD group policy, rebooted ... etc.
still does not show in the Network Locations of file explorer.

Just typing the UNC path in the address bar works too, but I'd like to see
the share listed in Network Locations on the Windows client.

Thank you,
Bob Schwartz
Director of Technical Services
Glynn County Board of Education
1313 Egmont Street
Brunswick, GA 31520

www.glynn.k12.ga.us

--
This is a staff email account managed by Glynn County School District. ?

------------------------------

message: 5
date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 16:34:32 +0000
from: Richard Schoen <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Using CPYTOIMPF to copy a source member to the IFS does
not copy fields SRCSEQ and SRCDAT

Yes, iForgit is a commercial IBM i Git Client product for companies who
want to start managing source with Git and use RDI or SEU for source
editing and they don't want to purchase a larger IBM i source management
solution. Or they already use another solution or hybrid CI/CD process.

Unfortunately it's not a free offering. However a personal use license
could possibly be negotiated if you bring forward a customer or two or
three that have a source management need.

If you have specific product questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
------------------------------

message: 3
date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 08:35:21 -0500
from: <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: iForGit download

Not sure if you plan to move this source into a Git repository, but
the SRCTOGIT command that's part of the iForgit client I'm offering
allows you to keep line numbers and date sequences and manage those
as part of your Git repo for use with RDI or SEU.
http://www.iforgit.com

Richard:

This looks interesting. Is this a commercial product? Free for personal
use, maybe a fee for professional use?