I found another reference in the IBM docs that indicated that it does actually run the command - much to my surprise. If that is indeed the case then changing the command defaults would work. Just have to be sure that it really is using the command and not the underlying CPP directly.

Thanks.

On Apr 15, 2021, at 1:22 PM, Birgitta Hauser <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have no idea whether changing the command would work.
Since SQL performs the STRCMTCTL command with the default values!

In either way you have to start the commitment control before you call your embedded SQL program otherwise the STRCMTCTL command is executed automatically.
If you have F-Specs (no SQL) with COMMIT and STRCMTCTL is not started, your RPG program crashes. Your embedded SQL program (on the other side) will start commitment control for you!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." (Les Brown)
"What is worse than training your staff and losing them? Not training them and keeping them!"
„Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to.“ (Richard Branson)

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: Donnerstag, 15. April 2021 17:45
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Controlling values for Automatic STRCMTCTL

There is currently no STRCMTCTL being issued per-se as I said in my note. Since SQL is initiating the process automatically under the covers I have no idea whether changing the command would work. I doubt it since there is no reason to suppose that IBM would call the command rather than just calling processes under the covers.

Manually adding a STRCMTCTL at the beginning of the job stream is just not a simple option for reasons away too complex to get into here but in part because of the use of packaged software it is juts not an option.

There is one potential point in the job stream that it might be possible to inject it without causing too massive an effort but obviously simply changing what the auto process does would be far easier and require a lot less testing.

Jon Paris

Would changing the default in the STRCMTCTL command an option?
Otherwise, why not executing a STRCMTCTL at the job start with the
appropriated options?
Once Commitment control is started it can only be ended and restarted,
but not changed.