Thanks Rob,

To make things work I removed the default route and re-added specifying a
preferred interface.

ADDTCPRTE RTEDEST('*DFTROUTE') SUBNETMASK('*NONE') TOS(*NORMAL)
NEXTHOP('192.168.0.253') BINDIFC(192.168.0.3)

While this has solved the problem it is an all or nothing as you can have
only one default route.

So if you have multiple interfaces and you do not specify a binding
interface on the route a batch job presumable picks the first interface
and you have no control over this.

While natting at the firewall / outside router is an option we do not have
access to this currently and would not be my first preference.

And with Rob's RFE rejected, quite likely because too few would fall into
this requirement I believe we are stuck with forcing all default route
traffic to be bound to this hard coded interface.

Thanks

Don