Hello,

Installing a certificate that you plan to use to secure your application (vs. just a CA certificate used to check trust) requires a digital key in addition to the certificate itself.

Normally, when you generate a CSR, it generates the key, so when the CA sends you back a certificate, you already have it.

But, if the CSR is from another system and you want to import it, you won't have the key.  In that case, you'd have to import the key first and then the certificate.  (You'll also need to import the CA certificates beforehand, too.) I can't remember the specifics, as its been a few years since I did this, and my mind is fuzzy on the details ;-)  But, hopefully that puts you on the right path.