From the get go, I don't know if there is a way to get SSHD server back in
the Windows System i Navigator application. Sorry.

As Rob pointed out, usually the issue people experience with the newer
Navigator (browser-based) is slow response times. I remember reading
somewhere that the hostname in the browser-based Navigator URL should use
the FQDN of the system you are trying to manage. Something about possible
DNS issues slowing down the Java workloads.

For example, System A could be FQDN1 = "SystemA.domain.com", but you may
have other DNS entries to access System A. Your URL to access Navigator
should used FQDN1 in the hostname:
https://SystemA.domain.com:2005/ibm/console/logon.jsp

Additionally, the following diagnostic script verifies your TCP/IP
configuration for any oddities and will dump its output to your home
directory. You can run it in QSH.
/QIBM/ProdData/OS/OSGi/templates/bin/areVerify.sh -network

Jacob Banda
Hamer Enterprises
TEL: 956.682.3466
EMAIL: jnbanda@xxxxxxxxxx

date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 15:49:52 +0000
from: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: IBM Navigator for i vs System i Navigator - SSHD server
missing!

The old System i Navigator is deprecated. This is the one with the compass
icon.
The newer iACS, IBM i Access Client Solutions main screen replaces much of
it. It looks like this
https://imgur.com/2572Slw
A lot of what was in the old Navigator is not in the new iACS. Instead they
point you to the line in the image which says "Navigator for i". That one
is the web version.

Now the question becomes the oft asked: How can I speed up the webby
"Navigator for i"?
A cursory glance has shown that upgrading your system works wonders.
I suppose others have more to offer.