I'm in the process of ordering a new Power 9 41G

My understanding is there are two ways to attache an
RDX.

I'm sure my terminology is not correct. Please correct
me with anything you know.

One way to connect the RDX is via a USB running at USB
speeds and would be used as an optical device.

The second way is with an internal RDX controller card
and runs at 3.5gig/s.
I currently do not have an HMC included in the
configuration. And I currently have one partition
configured.
I was told on a 41A (which I am not ordering) the second
way requires a second partition to run the RDX. That
means I would need an HMC.

Does anyone know if a second partition is required on the
41G? If it does can the second partition be a virtual
partition and not requiring an HMC?

I would like to run the RDX at the faster speed. I'm not
really excited about paying for the second partition and
the HMC if I can help it.

Thank you,

Gary