Thanks Larry,

OK!  That worked.  The partition booted to the SMS menu but I still have one additional question. So, I'll need to go back to an earlier post of yours about creating the SCSI adapters.  You recommended creating two (at least):

"Just slightly advanced but I like to create a PAIR of host adapters and PAIR of client adapters for each guest partition. One is used for DIsk, disk and only disk, never anything but disk. The other pair is used to share virtual optical and tape. You may not use Tape with Linux but you will use virtual optical to install the critter most likely. Having those separate means you can vary off the one used for optical without clobbering Linux."

So, I get the disk part:  It IS finding the NWSSTG which was assigned to the NWSD.  The NWSD is found because when I created it I pointed it to the CTL02 resource which is where the virtual SCSI adapter pointed.  The part I didn't quite get is that I created a second SCSI adapter, which is listed as CTL03, but how does the SCSI adapter get mapped to a virtual optical device?  CRTDEVOPT has a couple of options I haven't used before.  Do I need to create the virtual optical drive in a different way and reference that CTL03 resource?

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner