I have been asked to scan my IFS with our windows/network based AV
product, but I am worried to even start NetServer (SAMBA) to perform the
scan (which takes all day to run).
two questions: one, with NetServer being off, what vulnerabilities do I
have? two, securing IFS directories seems difficult, I don't know how to
secure shares, versus securing actual IFS directories, as when I attempted
to secure the Root Share, I actually locked out all green screen apps and
users from IFS folders. is there a good cookbook to get Shares properly
secured?