Hello,

It sounds like the placement of the ACS files for remote deployment is
pretty arbitrary, so long as the users have access to it. Paul Steinmetz
started a good thread
<https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201805/msg00504.html> back in
2018, and then another good follow-up
<https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/202005/msg00253.html> in 2020.
However, most responses were from people using Windows shares. I want to use
the IFS, since IBM already packages ACS there.
<https://techchannel.com/SMB/02/2020/acs-shipped-with-ibm-i> Also, I want
to place the JRE in the shared path as well to avoid installing Java on all
the client machines.

1. Will ACS launch if the JRE is also located on a shared folder as
described here <https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/792205> ?

2. If the files will reside at /QIBM/ProdData/Access/ACS/<your_folder_here>,
should I be concerned about sharing that path, since it's under QIBM?

3. When I apply the PTFs to update ACS
<https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/apar/SE74648> , this only overwrites the
files at /QIBM/ProdData/Access/ACS/Base, correct?

4. Has anyone had experience with deploying the files to
/QIBM/ProdData/Access/ACS/Base? Any thoughts?

5. Should I use the /QIBM/UserData/Access/ACS path that was mentioned back
in this 2015 introductory article
<https://developer.ibm.com/articles/i-ibmi-access-client-solutions-customiza
tion-trs/> instead for maintaining my deployments?

6. Is it possible to have several deployments for different functional
levels all located within the same shared folder? Something like:
/QIBM/ProdData/Access/ACS/Acccounting and
/QIBM/ProdData/Access/ACS/Developers, etc.

7. Does anyone have any other helpful resources similar to Sections 5.2 and
5.3 of the Getting Started Documentation?

One of my main concerns is placing the files in a location that IBM will
fidget with. But at the same time, I don't want to create some random folder
if IBM already has the files in ProdData.

Jacob Banda