thanks john, but you are describing such freedom, because...

when you do a DSPF, you are talking about ANOTHER job being able to
modify/delete the file you did the DSPF on, not the same job that has it
open. :)
furthermore... you most likely do not have an exit pgm registered to
QIBM_QP0L_SCAN_OPEN (and/or CLOSE)...
... if you did, then do you really think you would be able to modify the
contents of the file you did the DSPF on within your exit pgm, within the
same job that did the DSPF? :)

Probably not because it is your job/exit pgm that has the file opened (and
"locked")... right?

But I am not here to tell you that you can't, I am wanting to confirm this
and be sure because I really would like to modify that file within my exit
pgm.

That should probably make it clearer as to exactly what I want to do.

Thanks for the input - your thoughts?

Jay

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 4:25 PM John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>