You should also read each and every one of the following:
Memo to users for IBM i V5R4
Memo to users for IBM i 6.1
Memo to users for IBM i 7.1
Memo to users for IBM i 7.2
Memo to users for IBM i 7.3
Memo to users for IBM i 7.4
Without skipping, because the MTU for 7.4 will not mention stuff in the 7.2 MTU you should have already known.
All sorts of things change with OS upgrades which may affect you. Examples include:
- New RUNSQL command. Many users had a custom one floating around the internet with different parameter names, etc.
- Changes in the underlying configuration of object connect.
And a bazillion other things from the trivial to the severe. The definition of that range varies by shop.