Cisco should have delivered this notice on fire engines. There will be
lawyers involved...

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 6:56 AM Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok this is not specifically a midrange-l kind of thing except as a darn
good lesson as to why you really should "fix things that aren't broken".
Cisco generated a technote on their vmware servers. Basically the SSD's
on them will die after 40,000 hours (~ 4.5 years) unless you get this
firmware update. Putting the firmware update on after they fail is too
late - the SSD's will still need to be replaced. We had to restore
numerous vm's (still working on a vHMC - does that qualify as a midrange-l
issue?).
Oh, and since vHMC wasn't windows it didn't show up in the "give a crap"
list by the Windows team to schedule backups and I get the privilege of
rebuilding it.
We planned on upgrading them last year. Got one done then got hit by a
capital expenditure freeze. Meeting today on detail vmware server
specs... Moving to HP.

We failed to notice this technote (um, not my job):

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/705/fn70545.html

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
http://www.dekko.com