At my previous shop, we processed dozens of flat files daily from
customers. We used CPYF with record selection and FMTOPT(*NOCHK).

No easy way out of it, unfortunately.

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 10:29 PM <smith5646midrange@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"I don't understand why anyone would consider a single "flat file' with
multiple record formats for a header/detail/payment type of file."
Answer: It is a flat file provided by a third party vendor. If I had any
say in the matter, it wouldn't be this way but I don't and it is and we get
to live with it.

I'll give up and do it the hard way with multiple physicals and multiple
CPYFs selecting the record type for each physical and then process it like
any other data set. The thought was to not have to split the data from one
file to multiple files and I thought I had seen this done but apparently
I'm
wrong and the ability doesn't exist. Maybe my brain is going back to my
old
COBOL days and the REDEFINES on the 01 level.

Thanks anyhow.