I could have sworn I asked about this already, or *someone* asked
about this already, and if that's the case, mea culpa and please point
me to the relevant archive posts. Then again, if it was asked long
enough ago, maybe the landscape has changed and it's worth revisiting
anyway.

We are using an ancient, ancient version of WinSpool and are itching
to migrate, just for the sheer age of that thing. (We had been keeping
around an old Windows XP (or was it Windows 98?!) box just to run it.
I made a point to stay far away from it, so I am not sure we still
have that. Maybe we were able to virtualize it somehow.)

Is there anything out there that we can just plop in and everything
that we had already set up using DataImport and WinSpool just works?
Obviously, my first thought is that whatever it has morphed into since
RJS became part of HelpSystems would be the best chance of that, but
at astronomical cost.

I don't think there is much point in recommending competing,
work-alike-but-not-drop-in-compatible solutions, because if we have to
convert/replace our reports/masks anyway, then I suspect my management
would just tell me to go ahead with what *I* would do, which is to use
the spool-to-PDF feature that comes with IBM i and Python for the
rest. This would cost no money at all, but would cost a lot of time,
just through the sheer number of reports that would need to be set up.

John Y.