Hello everyone,

I have recently started working with OpenSSH to connect to a Windows Server from the IBM i.  Thanks to the IBM i community I have it working using public keys instead of a password.  I can use the SSH command to execute commands and batch files on the Windows Server, but I have run into a problem and am hoping to find a solution or work-around.

One of the batch files on the Windows Server brings a file down from the IBM i and then runs a command to start software to do some processing with that downloaded file.  The file copy works just fine, but when the command to start the software starts the job seems to freeze.

In my testing I am using a small file so the processing should take a couple of seconds.  If I run the batch file directly from the Windows Server everything runs fine.  The software vendor gave me a command to run to display the software version just to take out any complexity.  I get the same result.  If I put that simple command in the batch file and execute it via SSH from the IBM i everything freezes.  If I run it from the Windows Server everything is fine.

It dawned on me that the software opens a status window to show the processing.  The simple command to show the version also opens a window.  The vendor says there is no way to suppress the window.

Does it sound reasonable that the window is the problem?  Has anyone encountered this?  What was your solution?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Bobby Adams