Thanks Jon, for now we are redeploying it back as OPM. Will do thorough
performance testing before changing.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 7:01 PM Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You need to understand why it is happening.

Mixing ILE and OPM COBOL is a risky business (as you have discovered) if
you don't understand the potential problems.

Simply put OPM and ILE COBOLL do not share a Run Unit.

The scope of the OPM run unit is from the first OPM COBOL program in the
stack to the last one and encompasses any and all OPM programs (no matter
what language) in between.

The scope of the IL:E COBOL run unit is thew Activation group. That means
that running them as *CALLER is rarely a good idea. They are not designed
to do that and should really run in a named AG.

That said - what you have probably done by switching the OPM program to
ILE is to change which program is at the root of the Run Unit in QILE. I'm
guessing it is this program that is now the anchor in the Run Unit. You may
be able to fix the problem by changing the program to use the CONTINUE RUN
UNIT option on the EXIT PROGRAM. That should fix it - but you really need
to understand what you are doing here. You (i.e. your company) have
apparently been living dangerously for a while. It is time to engineer this
thing properly.

This part of the docs shows a variety of scenarios and shows the effect of
various options.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzase/cblrtnexmp.htm
<
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzase/cblrtnexmp.htm

Hope this helps.

Jon

P.S. We should move this discussion to the COBOL list if you need to
discuss further or David will shout at us!