Hello Marshall,

There is no more dev on the mariadb for IBMi that I can see.

Might be worth considering moving to Postgres which is now supported or move to MySQL off-box and then you can integrate to MySQL with RPG/JDBC, python, PHP or other methods such as web services.

Or if you need to continue current method you could export daily from MySQL to CSV or other format and import for reporting.

Also something like Jasper Reports could be a cool engine to start modernizing your reporting.

There are many options.

However if you're using the DBI engine and it's failing under load, MySQL natively may not be one of them unless you can get support from Zend. Have you called them ?

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
------------------------------

message: 2
date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 09:48:44 -0500
from: Marshall Akins <makins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: mysql, zenddbi/mariadb and ibm db2 storage engine.

I have both mysql 5.1.59 and Mariadb 10.1.21 running. I have errors with
the IBMDB2I engine, enough for the server job to fail. I'm looking for
a more up to date version but it doesn't look like anything is happening
on the Zend site. I have found it on yips.idevcloud.com site and github.
I'm not familiar with how to use github. Looks like it is just source
code and I'm not familiar with how to compile it. I'm looking for a
compiled version that I can install. Anyone have it? Opinions on the
future on mysql/mariadb on the i? I'm using some open automation
software writing to the mysql database and then I'm able to use RPG to
produce reports. I'm starting on a new project to share data between
another industrial system and the IBMi and I really want the storage engine to work.

Marshall Akins
Hanna Steel Corporation