Hi John,

You are of course correct in that this should be done another way. Python seems to be your "hammer" :) but for this customer I think a better solution is probably to use Acom to generate a form, which is what the intent seems to be with this query -- each input record prints 18 lines on the report, with vertical bars and hyphens to make a sort of form for users to fill in manually.

I've found that I can reproduce it by concatenating all the required fields and characters into one giant field which then uses the CW edit code in QM query to print it on multiple lines.  At least that works ok when the files are all local.  But when they are DDM files pointing to a remote system, one glaring issue is VARCHAR_FORMAT() does not work.

This is apparently an SQL bug, not something specific to QM Query.

--
*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.