From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf
Of Justin Taylor
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2020 1:26 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: C#.Net connection to DB2

The ACS Windows package includes a .NET Data Provider that allows .NET to
talk to Db2, but AFAIK that must be installed on each Windows client. It
does allow you to connect to Db2 and/or execute native ILE programs (via
Db2 stored procedures).

Another option would be to host webservices on IBMi and connect to them
from Windows.

We originally used the first method, but more recently we've been doing the
second.

HTH

date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 19:49:12 -0400
from: smith5646midrange@xxxxxxxxx
subject: C#.Net connection to DB2

If this is not the right list for this, let me know the correct list
and I will repost.

I am playing with a concept and I need to connect to and IBM i
database with a C#.Net desktop program. Pretty much everything I have
found via Google is either 10 years old or involves configuration on
the PC (something about db2cli writecfg). Other databases such as
MySQL have a .dll that allows connection without any PC config. Does
such a thing exist for the IBM i and I just haven't hit the right web
page? What is the preferred method of connecting from a C#.Net
program?

list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.