IFS needs fast disks (better flash), mainly when deleting or writing.
When using SWA for IFS you might end up with a lot of writing for
temporary storage before save happens.

We have one box with about 14TB in one IFS directory. First used SWA
to 4*LTO5 for saving this. The box (Power7) needed about 4h for
the SWA prepare and temporary storage (WRKSYSACT) maxed
out to about 560GB...

So do not use SWA for IFS - and if you need IFS performance, forget spinning disks.

-h