I use save object detail on our systems. I find what little time and space it uses to be minimal as to the benefit it provides. But I have space to spare YMMV. We have 15 lpars of IBM i spread across 3 power systems. See QUSRBRM below. I'm not sure Paul ever expires out his tapes so YMMV.

Now I can do a
WRKOBJBRM OBJ(ERPLXF/IIM) OBJTYPE(*FILE) SLTDATE(*BEGIN *END) FROMSYS(*LCL)
Or
WRKLNKBRM DIR('/home/ROB') FROMSYS(*LCL)
And find exactly what tapes hold that object, when they were saved, when they'll expire, etc. And right from that screen pick which one to restore. With BRMS network feature installed I can even see the results from saves on other systems in case that system got toasted and I need to restore that object on this system (or restore production to test).

7/21/20 23:30:04 Begin processing for control group TUE_FRIEDD type *BKU.
7/21/20 23:39:46 Starting *ALLUSR backup, type *FULL.
7/22/20 0:51:55 5888 objects saved from library ERPLXF.
7/22/20 0:51:55 10046 objects saved from library ERPLXO.
7/22/20 0:51:55 1368 objects saved from library ERPLXUSRF.
7/22/20 0:51:55 318 libraries saved.
7/22/20 1:10:47 Starting save of library or special value QUSRBRM to devi
7/22/20 1:13:12 154994 blocks processed for sequence 326, volume U00009,
7/22/20 1:13:12 245 objects saved from library QUSRBRM.
7/22/20 1:13:22 Control group TUE_FRIEDD type *BKU processing is complete

PRTDSKINF *LIB

% of Size in
Description Disk 1,000,000 bytes
User libraries 50.34 2890112.46