From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf
Of Tim Bronski
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 6:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-
l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Navigator for i

Well, TFA for initial network access is a common requirement but not all
access to applications and data across the network is of the same sensitivity
and not all access is made with the same credentials.
Re-verifying identity for access to more sensitive functions and with tighter
timeouts helps overcome some of the disadvantages of SSO and cached
credentials (pc on but no one at the desk for one). Another case is the use of
shared profiles where, for example, 2 people have the password for
QSECOFR (I'm not advocating for this but it's not uncommon) but you want
to audit who actually was using this profile, TFA can identify and log the
user behind the approving device.