From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Mark Waterbury <mark.s.waterbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2020 9:55:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How-to Remove "Access Path Journal" on DDS PF ?

Joe,

You apparently have a PF with a unique key. The system automatically creates and maintains an access path to enforce that constraint.

There are several things that can cause an access path to be implicitly journaled:

SMAPP - system managed access path protection

implicitly shared access paths (due to other LFs sharing the same keys)

and perhaps other reasons

Try to find out where this access path is journaled (to what journal), and why, before you just try to "end journaling" ...

Q: Why do you want to "end journaling" on this particular access path? For what purpose or reason? Perhaps if we knew why, we can suggest some alternatives to achieve that goal or accomplish that task in another way?

For example, you could save the PF and any LFs over that PF in a save file, and specify ACCPTH(*NO) on the SAVOBJ command, then delete the LFs and the PF, then restore them from the save file, with STRJRN(*NO) on the RSTOBJ command ... (just one possibility; no guarantee this will "resolve" your particular issue or accomplish what you wanted...)

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury