I have a program that is using http_url_get (it has been for several
years). It is now working sometimes (quick estimate is 60% of the time).
Note that it started acting up about a week after I put new PTF's (20128))
TR7 on. For that week it was working fine.
When I look at the return code of http_url_get the fails return -1. My
research tells me that it is an 'internal error' failure. When I look at
the http_error() it is empty.
When it is a successful run my target JSON file has good data. When it
fails it is empty.

I have talked to the service provider and everything looks good to them.

I turned on the http_debug in the program. I have been testing with the
same http_url_get statement. So the results should be the same. Obviously
the successful ones look good.

When I compare the logs of the fails to the successful. They are identical
(except for date/time stamps). When you get to the part where it has the
JSON stuff is where it is different.

This is a bad example of the log by where the data should be:
SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
recvresp(): end with 200
recvdoc parms: identity 70975
header_load_cookies() entered
recvdoc(): entered
SetError() #0:
recvdoc(): Receiving 70975 bytes.
http_close(): entered
Notice nothing between recvdoc() and http_close.
Two of my fails had 49142 char of the JSON line. The rest have no
line/data.

This is a successful example of the log by where the data should be: I
truncated the JSON line, it has all 70975 char.
SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
recvresp(): end with 200
recvdoc parms: identity 70975
header_load_cookies() entered
recvdoc(): entered
SetError() #0:
recvdoc(): Receiving 70975 bytes.
[{"nCount":"454895600","vcRecordId":"0004...
http_close(): entered
Note that this has the JSON between recvdoc() and http_close.

I have entered the http_url_get into my browser and always am successful.
Trying to figure out why the one line of the log file would be missing.
I know this email got long. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Confused.