Sorry, but cannot see how the below contradicts with what I've said.

Cheers,
Vlad.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Diego E. KESSELMAN
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2020 1:05 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OS/400 on mambo emulator

Sorry , but that's not accurate.

On Power9 you have different flavours of the processor:

The regular one you use with S/E/H systems (S914, S922, S924, E980, etc) . All with SMT8 (up to 8 threads) CPU versions and PowerVM The ones starting with LC use SMT4 (up to 4 threads) and can't run IBM i nor AIX. I know, it's a marketing-technical mechanism on each OS, but there are CPU difference and I'm not sure you can run IBM i on SMT4
Power9 CPUs.

I've read about special hardware registers @ hardware level you need to make IBMi work, not sure, maybe just a Power ISA check mark...